22 January 2007

Dank u for flying Continental.

I am here. I am safe. I am grateful to God that I am here and safe and keenly aware that He heard my mom and others' prayers for the safety of our trip to Maastricht and answered faithfully.

All nine hours of the flight to Amsterdam went really well. Praise God I was able to get nearly 6 hours of sleep over the atlantic and also make new friends from among our group of about 40 students. Our flight was followed by a scenic bus drive straight through the Netherlands. For the beauty of the earth...

I'm needing the grace of God not to be awkward. Try not to laugh. You could pray that I regain some semblance of normality, in fact. I really haven't been in a social situation like this one in awhile. I know so few people, and the ones I know, I don't know well, so I'm struggling to be myself and make conversation in order to get to know everyone. I just need to be humbled and depend on Jesus so I can love and encourage people well.

Praying for unity among the body of Christ in Waco,
Hoping that you all will not forget me,
Sure that the God of hope will fill you with
all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
Audrey

There is none besides [Him],
perfect in power, in love, and purity

6 comments:

Reid said...

Audrey, I'm glad for you right now.

I did not laugh. But I’ve heard that, through God's grace, yourself has occasionally been known for its kindness and encouragement and intelligence and good conversation. I’m praying that they will know it too. And that God will bring all of you close together and use you to sharpen and encourage each other.

Ray made a hole-in-one on 3 at West on Sunday. It was beautiful.

laura said...

I don't know how I COULD forget you Audrey. And I'm so excited for you and you travels! And a little jealous.

And everybody is awkward. Some people are just better at hiding it. I am not one of them.

amanda said...

oh my goodness, i am so excited you all made it!!! first off, i have skype, let's chat....it was my life this summer! second, i really hope you have gotten to meet tara! thridly, have so much fun, i know you will!! :) i miss you!

Elizabeth said...

Audrey!!!! You are so loved, and you are completely capable. That whole awkward thing will wear off. I'm praying for those hinderances to break off and for you to have intentional and memorable conversations with people.

Gosh, the name of your blog is SWEET. They're not so bad, really...just orange, don't eat too many, ok?

Mark Cook said...

this is awesome, audrey. you know as well as I do that the greatest growth in our life comes when we are uncomfortable. i hope amsterdam is amazing. i will keep you in my prayers. please go eat a belgian waffle from off the streets of belgium when you get the first chance, okay?

katelinjo said...

i adore you! many prayers your way. you are greatly missed but God is surely doing beautiful things through you there!